Food and wine lovers, this is your trip! If you enjoy trying new foods that are locally sourced, seasonal, fresh, sometimes wild caught or hunted from the oceans or the bush, accompanied by some unique locally produced wine or craft beer, then you’ll fit right in on this trip. New Zealand’s spectacular growing conditions and varied seasons result in locally harvested produce, artisanal cheeses, craft brews and a stunning viticulture that will make any foodie and wine lover’s mouth water. The pacing of this tour is very relaxed, allowing you to truly enjoy three of our wine-growing regions: Hawke’s Bay, Wairarapa, and Central Otago. You’ll also experience the arts and culture of our most vibrant towns and cities, visiting galleries, shops and our national museum. Of course, you will enjoy New Zealand’s amazing iconic scenery throughout the tour.
No minimum level of fitness is required for this trip.
Is this trip right for you?
- A welcome dinner with our luxury vineyard accommodation hosts, set amidst their vines, sampling the best local produce paired with wines from the vines a few feet away.
- Behind the Scenes Sensory Experience - tutored wine tasting with food offerings providing insight into wine and food matching (Hawke’s Bay wine region)
- Kahikatea Gardens and Farm - an afternoon with Neil and Greg in their spectacular garden, where you will meet their family of pet sheep, miniature horses, alpacas, donkeys, and Harry, the red deer.
- Martinborough Taste Sensation Day - designed exclusively for our group, a day with some of Martinborough’s finest food and wine producers, starting with a guided cheese tasting, followed by an olive grove tour and tasting, a wine tasting, and culminating with a dinner created by a Michelin trained chef in a private vineyard setting. This day is sure to be one of the highlights of the tour. (Martinborough Wine Region)
- Heli Picnic in Paradise - a gourmet picnic of local produce and wine or bubbles set in the alpine paradise of beautiful Aoraki Mt Cook National Park
- Central Otago Gourmet Food and Wine Tour - with a local chef as our guide, a day of sampling the region’s food and wine (Central Otago Wine Region)
- Two degustation dinners created by local chefs renowned for their use of local foods and wines.
- Three days of the Southern Lakes Festival of Colour, featuring top class theatre, music, dance, and visual arts from local, national, and international performers, set against the spectacular autumnal backdrop of the Lake Wanaka.
- Private Tour Guide, New Zealand born and raised
- Private Luxury Transportation
- Chocolaterie Visit and Tasting – Napier
- Vineyard Cellar Door Tastings – Napier, Martinborough
- Mount Bruce Wildlife Center – Wairarapa
- Wellington Museum and Art Gallery Admissions
- Queenstown Gondola Ride
- Admission to 4 Festival of Colour performances
- 10 nights lodging in 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Domestic Flight: Wellington to Christchurch
- Meals: 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Free time to explore on your own or simply relax in the beautiful surroundings
- And of course the opportunity to share this once-in-a-lifetime adventure with like-minded travellers
Experiences Led by Local Experts
- Two Dinners hosted by your Luxury Accommodation Owners – Napier, Twizel
- Two Degustation Dinners and Wine Tastings – Napier, Wanaka
- Art Deco City Tour in Classic Car - Napier
- Winery and Museum Tour and Behind the Scenes Sensory Experience - Napier
- Garden and Small Farm Tour – Greytown, Wairarapa
- C’est Cheese Shop Tour and Tastings – Featherston, Wairarapa
- Olivo Olive Grove Tour and Tastings – Martinborough, Wairarapa
- Gourmet Dinner and Wine in vineyard with Michelin Trained Chef – Martinborough, Wairarapa
- Te Papa Museum Tour – Wellington
- Heli-Picnic to Stunning Mountainous Setting – Mt Cook
- Full Day Gourmet Food and Wine Tour – Central Otago
Enhance your Experience
Wanaka Free Day:
- Jetboat Wilderness Tour
- High Country Station Experience
- Scenic Helicopter or Plane Flights (including to Milford Sound)
- Wine Tour
- Spa Visit
- … the list is endless!
based on double occupancy/twin share
(Single Supplement: NZD$1,955)
See current exchange rate below.
- are a 'foodie' who loves the adventure of new and different foods, especially outstanding dining experiences created from locally grown and fresh seasonal produce
- are a wine lover who appreciates the dedication and commitment of viticulturists and vintners in creating the best vintage for you
- appreciate art in all its forms – theatre, music, dance, and visual
- enjoy stunning scenery and landscapes as much as vibrant city and night life
- want to meet and support local growers, viticulturists, and producers
- and love to share all these experiences with other LGBT or LGBT friendly travellers
...then this trip is for you!
For a more detailed itinerary, Get in Touch!