You’ve heard of our wonderful Kiwi Culture, now it’s time to experience it! This 8 day tour for LGBTQ travellers immerses you in everything that we’re proud to say makes us Kiwis! Join us and become a Kiwi for a while. You’ll get off the beaten tourist track, spend time with some of our favourite locals, and explore a truly diverse range of Kiwi experiences: learning Maori traditions and legends, savouring locally produced food and wine, sailing and swimming the local waters, visiting local farms, viewing active geysers, meeting a real live kiwi (bird), exploring museums and galleries, and playing with some LGBTQ locals.
Day 1: Auckland - Bay of Islands
Welcome to New Zealand!
- Travel the scenic route to the Bay of Islands today.
- Visit a private country homestead for a farm to table lunch prepared from ingredients from the owners' farm.
- Relax and unwind after your journey to New Zealand and get to know your travel mates over a welcome dinner beside the harbour tonight.
Day 2: Bay of Islands
- Languish aboard our exclusively chartered catamaran today for a full day sailing amidst golden beaches, secluded coves, tranquil harbours and warm waters.
Day 3: Bay of Islands
- Explore Maori culture and history during a guided tour and cultural performance at New Zealand’s most important site of historical significance, the Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
- Appreciate down time to wander and relax in the quaint township of historic Russell.
- Optional Activities:
- kayak or SUP in the harbour
Day 4: Bay of Islands - Auckland
- Wander the artistic sculpture trail of a sustainable vineyard after a lovely vineyard lunch and tasting.
- Continue to Auckland and check out the buzzing vibe in the restaurants, cafes, and bars of Auckland’s gay enclave tonight.
Day 5: Auckland - Rotorua
- Journey through the rolling hills of the North Island’s farming heartland, marveling at one town’s artistic celebration of its dairy industry – painted cows!
- View the amazing clear waters of a natural spring on a short walk set in lush native bush.
Day 6: Rotorua
- Experience the options on this free day in Rotorua, the city that offers so much.
- Optional Activities:
- zipline through the forest canopy
- visit the Hobbiton Movie Set
- take a flight over an active volcano
Day 7: Rotorua – Wellington
- Explore the geothermal regions of Rotorua, fascinating for their bubbling geysers, steaming fumaroles, and plopping mud pools.
- Fly to vibrant Wellington, the cool little capital on the waterfront, known for its food and culture.
- Meet one of our LGBT locals for a walking tour of the capital that includes LGBTQ history and highlights.
- Dance the night away at one of Wellington’s gay bars.
Day 8: Wellington
- Enjoy a free day in Wellington to wander this fabulous city’s shops, galleries, and museums.
- Optional Activities:
- Weta Workshop Tour
- Zealandia Eco-Sanctuary Tour
- Your tour ends after your farewell dinner, cooked and presented by local lesbian restaurateurs.
- Private New Zealand Tour Guide, who will be with you throughout your entire tour
- Private Coach Transportation
- 8 Nights Lodging in 3 and 4 Star Accommodation
- Ferry Transport in Paihia
- Vineyard Lunch and Sculpture Trail
- Admission to Geothermal Areas
- Meals: 8 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Free time to explore on your own or simply relax in the beautiful surroundings
- And of course the opportunity to share this once-in-a-lifetime adventure with like-minded people
Also included: Meet our trusted local partners who will guide you for the following experiences:
- Privately Hosted Farm to Table Lunch with Owners
- Full-day on a Privately Chartered Catamaran
- Waitangi Cultural Grounds Tour and Cultural Performance
- Private Wellington City and LGBTQ Walking History Tour
Enhance your trip by choosing to add:
- Ziplining (Rotorua)
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour (Rotorua)
- Volcanic Scenic Flight (Rotorua)
- Zealandia Eco=Sanctuary Tour (Wellington)
- Weta Workshop Tour (Wellington)
There’s still so much more to see and do! Talk to us about extending your stay if you’ve got more time and we’ll plan some extra days for you. Or combine this tour with the South Island Sojourn Tour for a 21 day true New Zealand experience. Talk to us about a discount when combining tours.
based on double occupancy/twin share
Single Supplement: NZ$1,075
See current exchange rate below.
Jan 7 - Jan 14, 2019 - LGBTQ Tour
A deposit of NZ$1,000 holds your spot on this incredible tour. This deposit is non-refundable. Get in quick - Don’t miss out!