- City Heritage Walk – Nelson
- Boutique Shops & Galleries – Mapua
- Kayak Turquoise Waters – Golden Bay
- Arts & Culture – Takaka
- Te Waikoropupū Springs – Golden Bay
- Wharariki Beach – Golden Bay
- Wainui Falls – Golden Bay
- Dine in the Vines – Moutere
For a short inspiring getaway, you can’t beat the magic of Golden Bay. Our Golden Reflections trip is a perfect blend of stunning scenery, vibrant art and culture, and delicious local brews, wines, and cuisine. The golden sand beaches, wild rugged coastlines, turquoise waters, lush native bush, cascading waterfalls, and crystal clear springs of Golden Bay, along with the friendly warm locals, will have you reflecting on how magical this place is. In the company of other fun-loving women, this is a perfect short escape to a region not often visited. Don’t miss out!
Being able to walk for 1 -2 hours is recommended for this trip. No previous kayaking experience is required.
Day 1: Nelson – Pohara (Golden Bay)
- Our trip starts in Nelson. We’ll meet at the airport at 9am.
- Explore Nelson with a local on an easy walk of the city. Take in the history of this old city, the culture, and the stories of her people.
- Mapua Wharf on the Waimea Estuary with its selection of boutique shops, galleries, cafes and restaurants is our lunch stop. This is a lovely harbourside setting and you’ll immediately feel relaxed dining on the water’s edge.
- Then we’ll head over the Takaka Hill, descending into Golden Bay and settling into our lodgings for the next three nights.
- We’ll stretch our legs this afternoon with an easy 20 minute walk through the intriguing Grove Scenic Reserve, a labyrinth of limestone outcrops, mossy covered rock walls, and a viewing platform overlooking the plains of the Takaka Valley.
- Or choose to relax on Pohara Beach instead, perfect for walks and wading.
- Enjoy a welcome 3 course dinner tonight at Ratanui Lodge.
Day 2: Golden Bay
- As you kayak the turquoise waters and golden sand shores from Tata Beach today you’ll appreciate that this really is a golden bay. Keep your eyes open for wildlife above and below the water while listening to stories of the area from our local guide.
- Wander the arty and character filled town of Takaka, filled with arts and crafts stores, gorgeous murals, and warm welcoming locals. This town has a relaxed vibe that’s rare these days.
- Stroll around Te Waikoropupū Springs, the largest fresh water springs in New Zealand. These are the clearest springs you’ll ever see – no BS! They are crystal clear and absolutely beautiful.
- Relax at our lodgings before dinner at the The Mussel Inn tonight, a laid back rustic and homely Golden Bay icon with their own brews.
Day 3: Golden Bay
- We’ll explore the rest of Golden Bay today as we travel further west towards Wharariki Beach.
- Known as one of the most spectacular coastlines in New Zealand, Wharariki Beach is rugged and windswept. We’ll walk the beach as tides allow and be reminded of how diverse and stunning New Zealand is. If mother nature cooperates, we’ll likely see some seals on the beach as well.
- We’ll take our time exploring on our way back to Pohara before our farewell dinner at our lodgings.
Day 4: Pohara – Nelson
- Experience one of the best sights in Golden Bay this morning with a walk to gorgeous Wainui Falls. Through lush bush, across a swing bridge, then to the cascading falls, this is a lovely morning wander.
- We’ll return over the Takaka Hill today reflecting on the stunning beaches, arty culture and warm people of Golden Bay that we’ve experienced.
- A final lunch together in a family owned vineyard offers the perfect relaxed end to this short escape
- We’ll have you back to Nelson airport by 4pm for flights home. Talk with us before booking your flight.
If you’re keen to explore Nelson more, let us know. We partner with some wonderful accommodation hosts who will take great care of you if you want to extend your visit.
- New Zealand Awaits Guide, Debbie Clarke
- Private Comfortable Van Transportation
- 3 Nights Lodging in Comfortable Accommodation with Ensuite Bathrooms
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Heritage City Walk with a Local – Nelson
- Half Day Guided Kayak with a Local – Golden Bay
- Vineyard Farewell Lunch – Moutere
- The opportunity to share this adventure with like-minded women
What’s Not Included:
- Airfares or transport to and from the start and end of the trip
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks, meals and optional activities not specified in the itinerary, and souvenirs and personal purchases.