- Dine in the Vines – Blenheim
- Marine Wildlife – Kaikoura
- City Ramble – Christchurch
- Mountain and Glaciers – Aoraki Mt. Cook
- Wilderness, Lakes, and a Night Out with the Locals – Wanaka
The gorgeous changing landscapes of our South Island’s coastline, mountains, lakes, and wilderness make this 8 day trip a feast for your eyes and soul. Saturate your senses with stunning scenery, restorative relaxation, gourmet food and wine, soft or thrilling adventure, inspiring locals, and the company of other fun-loving women. As we travel from the Marlborough wine region to the Southern Alps, drink in the true splendor of our South Island, and fully appreciate how fortunate you are to be here. Our trips are about spending time with people who share in-depth local perspectives offering us the chance for meaningful connections to these special places. This trip offers ample free time for those who appreciate a relaxed pace for reflection and restoration. There are also endless add on options for those who love to GO, to be invigorated and energised! However you love to indulge your senses, the choice is yours. No minimum level of fitness is required for this trip.
Day 1: Blenheim – Kaikoura
- Our trip starts in Blenheim. We’ll meet at the airport at 10am.
- Relax in a family owned vineyard restaurant for lunch, sipping their wines and sampling local and fresh cuisine.
- Gaze at the striking ocean colours on the coastal road south to Kaikoura.
- Appreciate the rebuild efforts of this road and rail after the 2016 earthquake.
- Spot seals with their pups playing in the rock pools along the coast.
Day 2: Kaikoura
- Soak in the mountain and ocean scenery today or add an ocean wildlife experience this morning.
- Savour the coastlines and ocean views during an easy coastal walk this afternoon, or just relax in this funky little town.
- Optional Activities:
- swim eye to eye with (or watch) playful Dusky Dolphins in the wild hearing their delightful squeals
- watch nature’s most extraordinary seabirds soaring by on an Albatross Encounter
Day 3: Kaikoura – Christchurch
- Travel south to the garden city of Christchurch.
- Hear about the transformation of this city since the earthquakes with an inspiring local woman passionate about her city and our planet.
- Ponder our connections as humans: the challenges we face, the obstacles we overcome, and the impact we all make on the people and places we love.
- Socialise in the vibrant riverside precinct of the city, with its funky restaurants, cafes, and markets.
Day 4: Christchurch – Mt. Cook
- Journey towards the majestic Southern Alps and Mt. Cook. If the weather suits, we’ll picnic besides the turquoise waters of Lake Pukaki.
- Feel the grandeur of the mountains and glaciers on the spectacular Hooker Valley Track.
- Watch the sun set on Aoraki Mt Cook while sipping your drink over dinner tonight.
- Marvel at the stars this evening, appreciating your lodging in the middle of an international dark sky reserve.
Day 5: Mt. Cook – Wanaka
- Explore the region with an easy valley hike amidst the mountains, or choose to add a spectacular glacier heli-hike, or glacier kayak.
- Relax in your lake-side lodging, wondering how the scenery just keeps getting better!
- Learn about life in Wanaka from some locals over drinks and dinner.
- Optional Activities:
- heli-hike on the Tasman Glacier
- kayak amidst glacier icebergs on the Tasman Lake
Day 6: Wanaka
- Enjoy a free day in this funky lakeside town. Relax, wander the shops, and discover quality New Zealand made products, or choose some adventure.
- Optional Activities:
- fly over glaciers into the iconic Milford Sound
- gear up for a wet and wild canyoning adventure
- paraglide your afternoon away
- skydive over the stunning lakes and mountains
- hike one of New Zealand’s best one day hikes – the Rob Roy Glacier Track
- bike or ebike along the lake shore
- enjoy a around of golf with lake views
- explore the region’s vineyards on a wine tour
Day 7: Wanaka
- Cruise across pristine Lake Wanaka to explore Mou Waho Island with a local. We’ll plant a tree to further the native development of the island while encountering wildlife and appreciating outstanding panoramic views.
- Enjoy our final dinner with new friends and share stories and favourite memories of the trip.
- Optional Afternoon Activities:
- jet boat into a wilderness environment
- fly and land on a mountain glacier
Day 8: Wanaka – Home
- Wind over the highest main road in New Zealand on our way to Queenstown Airport for your departure home.
- Reflect on the delicious, inspiring, belly-laughing and heart-warming sensations you’ve experienced over the past 8 days.
- Bid fond farewell to new friends and start dreaming about your next trip with New Zealand Awaits.
There’s still so much to see and do! Talk with us about extending your trip.
- New Zealand Awaits Guide, Debbie Clarke
- Private Comfortable Van Transportation
- 7 Nights Lodging in Comfortable Accommodation with Ensuite or Private Bathrooms
- Meals: 5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Vineyard Welcome Lunch – Blenheim
- Exclusive City Tour with Local – Christchurch
- Hikes in Mt. Cook area
- Lake Cruise and Island Eco-Experience – Wanaka
- Free time to explore on your own or simply relax in the beautiful surroundings
- And of course the opportunity to share this adventure with like-minded women
Enhance your trip by choosing to add:
- Dolphin Swim/Watch (Kaikoura)
- Albatross Encounter (Kaikoura)
- Glacier Heli-Hike (Aoraki Mt Cook)
- Glacier Lake Kayak (Aoraki Mt Cook)
- Milford Sound Flight and Cruise (Wanaka)
- Wine Tour (Wanaka)
- Paragliding (Wanaka)
- Wilderness Vally Jet-Boat Experience (Wanaka)
- Heli-glacier Flight and Landing (Wanaka)
- Canyoning – (Wanaka)
- Skydiving – (Wanaka)
- Rob Roy Glacier Track Hike – (Wanaka)
- Bike or Ebike – (Wanaka)
- Golf – (Wanaka)
If you have an activity you’d like to add but don’t see on this list, let us know!
What’s Not Included:
- Airfares or transport to and from the start and end of the trip
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks, meals and optional activities not specified in the itinerary, and souvenirs and personal purchases.