Contact us if you are interested in this trip
Price: NZ$ 1,795
Double occupancy/twin share
Single Supplement: NZ$395
min 6, max 10
- City Omaka Aviation Heritage Museum – Blenheim
- Dine in the Vines – Blenheim
- Day Walk on Queen Charlotte Track – Marlborough Sounds
- Rest and Rejuventation – Marlborough Sounds
- Paua Farm – Marlborough Sounds
Has the Marlborough region and the Sounds always been on your list to visit? If so, then this small group trip will sound perfect! A sampling of aviation heritage, wine, chocolate, an easy guided walk on the Queen Charlotte Track, a day to relax and rejuvenate, then meeting a local inspiring family farming Paua and creating paua jewellery all combine to make this trip varied, relaxed, and fascinating. The Marlborough region, with its numerous vineyards, makes for a relaxed and lovely start to our trip. The flat terrain around Blenheim and Renwick stretches for miles with one vineyard after another taking advantage of this microclimate, famous for the most sunshine hours in New Zealand. Contrast this with the steep mountains plunging down into the deep clear waters of the Sounds and you’ll understand why many think this region has it all.
Being able to walk up to 4 hours over gentle terrain is recommended for this trip, however this trip is accessible without doing the day walk, so talk with us for more information.
Day 1: Blenheim – Picton
- Our trip starts in Blenheim. We’ll meet at the airport at 9am.
- We’ll begin with a visit to the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. It’s difficult not to be moved and impressed by the story of aviation that comes to life at Omaka. This personal collection of Sir Peter Jackson along with Weta Workshop’s lifelike creations can be appreciated by all, not just aviation enthusiasts.
- Famous for sauvignon blancs, you’ll likely know that Marlborough is one of our most well known wine producing regions. We love sharing one of our favourite family owned and operated vineyards with our guests. Nothing better to start this trip than lunch in the vines.
- We’ll wander through the Return to Eden Gallery, an inspiring place where local artists and artisans gather and share their creations.
- Would be rude not to pop into Makana Boutique Chocolate factory before we leave Blenheim. Their Macadamia Butter Toffee Crunch is truly wicked!
- We’ll settle into Picton this evening, dining on the tranquil waterfront, and enjoying our locally owned lodgings.
Day 2: Marlborough Sounds
- We’ll cruise into the sound this morning, hopefully spotting playful dolphins along the way.
- Joined by our long time local guide, we’ll learn of the significant history of this area on our first stop at Ship Cove.
- Then we’ll cruise around to Endeavour Inlet to begin our guided walk through to Mahana Lodge. This stretch of the Queen Charlotte Track is a relatively flat and easy walk that will take us about 4 hours.
- Learn about the plant and bird life on this walk while enjoying magnificent views through the bush out over the gorgeous blue waters of the sounds. Our relaxed pace will allow for plenty of photos and stops to appreciate this beautiful track.
- We’ll be warmly welcomed at historic Mahana Homestead this evening, enjoying Chef David’s outstanding local cuisine with views out over the bay. Settle in, as we’re here for two nights.
Day 3: Marlborough Sounds
- All too often our days are rushed and we keep on moving without taking time to fully appreciate our surroundings. Not today.
- Today is the day every woman deserves! To do exactly what you please, without thinking of anyone but yourself. Curl up and finish that book, snooze in the hammock, melt away your aches with a massage, paddle the bay in a kayak or wander further along the Queen Charlotte Track. The choice is entirely yours.
- With a second night at Mahana Homestead, we’ll enjoy David’s sumptuous creations again.
Day 4: Marlborough Sounds – Picton – Blenheim
- Having moved at a slower pace for the past 24 hours, we’ll be further unwound with a private cruise and visit to Arapawa Farm and Homestead.
- Like stepping back in time, Arapawa Homestead offers a glimpse into an old world New Zealand. Owners and hosts, Mike and Antonia, along with their three children will welcome you into their slice of paradise.
- About as far away from anywhere in New Zealand, you’ll marvel at the hardworking entrepreneurial spirit of this paua farming and jewellery making family. Be ready to be inspired.
- Reluctantly we’ll return to Picton early afternoon, in time for some lunch before we travel home. We’ll have you back to Blenheim airport by 4pm for flights home. Talk with us before booking your flight.
If you’re keen to explore Blenheim or the Marlborough Sounds more, let us know. We partner with some wonderful accommodation hosts who will take great care of you if you want to extend your visit.
- New Zealand Awaits Guide, Debbie Clarke
- Private Comfortable Van Transportation
- 3 Nights Lodging in Comfortable Accommodation with Ensuite or Private Bathrooms
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Omaka Aviation Heritage Guided Tour – Blenheim
- Boat Transportation to Queen Charlotte Track – Marlborough Sounds
- Full Day Guided Walk with a Local Guide – Queen Charlotte Track
- Use of Kayaks – Marlborough Sounds
- Exclusive Boat Charter and Paua Farm Visit – Marlborough Sounds
- The opportunity to share this adventure with like-minded women
What’s Not Included:
- Airfares or transport to and from the start and end of the trip
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks, meals and optional activities not specified in the itinerary, and souvenirs and personal purchases.