Roam the North Island
Friday, August 7, 2020 12pm NZST,
(Thursday, August 6, 2020 5pm PDT, 8pm EDT)
NZ$30 ( ~ US$19)
NZ$30 ( ~ US$19)
Always wanted to visit New Zealand?
Just because you’re not able to travel to New Zealand right now doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the pleasures that travel offers: seeing and experiencing new landscapes, culture, and people.
Kick back in the comfort of your own home, and enjoy zooming around New Zealand’s North Island with new friends.
If you can’t visit in person, this is the next best thing!
- Bay of Islands: We’ll take it from the top, as they say, by visiting the amazing Bay of Islands known for its calm blue waters, and white sand beaches.
- Whangamata: Southward ho to the seaside town of Whangamata on the Coromandel Peninsula, and favourite holiday spot for your local guide, Debbie. She grew up spending holidays at this beach with her family, and will share her memories of this stunning place with you.
- Rotorua: From there, it’s on to Rotorua, the hot spot of New Zealand, with its bubbling hot pools and geothermal activity. Rotorua is also where you’ll experience Maori culture and people.
- Napier: Wine, anyone? Grab your glass as we travel on to Napier on the east coast, known for its wonderful vineyards, and its Art Deco architecture.
- Wellington: We’ll end our tour in windy Wellington the capital of New Zealand, and a vibrant, hip city in its own right.
Led by your local Kiwi guide, Debbie Clarke, born and bred right here on a dairy farm in the middle of the North Island. Who knows the North Island better than Debbie?
What to expect on our Online Virtual Tour:
- a warm welcome and fabulous experience with your Kiwi guide, Debbie Clarke
- a chance to meet and chat with up to 9 other virtual travellers from around the world (Max 10 in a group)
- see amazing New Zealand landscapes
- an enjoyable social event that transports you to a different reality
hear interesting stories
learn about our people and our culture
All done through photos, videos, and story telling
What you need for a Virtual Tour:
- A device with an internet connection – a larger screen will add more appreciation to our images, videos, and be better for engaging with other travellers
- Zoom – easy to install once you click on the link we’ll provide after you book your event with us.
- A curious mind keen to explore New Zealand!
My husband and I just experienced New Zealand’s North Island via a virtual tour by Debbie Clarke. We’re looking forward to the South Island’s virtual tour and ultimately experiencing NZ in person.
– William Cunninghame